[Mailman-Users] Mailman software

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 8 17:42:06 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 00:38, amd250 at juno.com wrote:
> Can you please tell me how I can stop users on the forum from getting to
> the users option page to chaging thier user setting. I need to stop this
> from happening. I want only the site administrator to do it.
> Please respond ASAP.
> Thanks
> Tony

Lots of options here Tony (after all it's Open Source)...
 1) move the "options" cgi from ~mailman/cgi-bin/ to a location that is
controled via a .htaccess file, and put a simple script there informing
folks to contact the admin for the list.
 2) edit the source for the options page and put a administrator login
into it before allowing folks to access it.  You can grab the source
directly from the admin page.
 3) Change users passwords to something only you know - and don't send
passwords out to the users you don't trust, only to the ones you do.

There are lots more ways, but that should be a good start.

Good luck - Jon Carnes