[Mailman-Users] just the html please

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Mon Sep 8 07:57:32 CEST 2003

On l
>       I am trying to set up a list that allows html formatting but no other
> attachments.  The ONLY way I can get the formatting is to set "Should
> Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the settings
> below?" to No, which of course means I can't eliminate any other items.  If
> the filter is turned on all html is converted to plain text regardless of
> how the "Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text?" setting is set.
>
>      I have tried leaving all fields blank, and I have tried setting
> everything I can think of in the "Remove message attachments that don't
> have a matching content type" box.  It seems the html to text conversion
> can not be stopped if filtering is on.  After more than an hour of testing,
> reading the FAQs, searching the archives and trying Google I'm ready for
> someone to make me feel dumb with an obvious answer!!

I only have one idea, using the spamfilter to remove attachments?

Using a match like (does it support regexp?)
if you want to disable certain extention names (these are virus-names ;)
^.*name="[^"]+\.(hta|com|pif|vbs|vbe|js|jse|exe|lnk|bat|cmd|vxd|eml|scr|chm)"

or just every attachment.

nb. these attachments are a part of the email-body so even though
mailman may not search headers(? - I'm new to Mailman), this would be
matched anyways.
--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl at vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.