[Mailman-Users] implementing real virtual domain support to mailman

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Fri Sep 5 13:41:40 CEST 2003

Hi guys,

I'm new to mailman, but I can see that it does't support real virtual
domains, because it stores all lists as lists/listname - instead of
lists/listname at virtualdomain.tld

I was thinking that support for this could easily be added by
manipulating this variable:

LIST_DATA_DIR   = os.path.join(VAR_PREFIX, 'lists')

it could be done, so each virtualdomain would have their own
lists-folder - and every occurence of VAR_PREFIX in the code, would then
just be replaced with VAR_PREFIX . VAR_VIRT (or some variable name,
indicating the virtualdomainname requested) - and the lists folder would
be lists-virtualdomainname for everything except for the main address,
where VAR_VIRT would ofcourse be empty.

I've never coded python before, but It looks as this would be easily
doable, but then again, I'm new to mailman and there I was hoping to get
your feedback on this idea, before I start implementing it.

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl at vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.