[Mailman-Users] Relaying denied

Sylvain Langlade slanglade at adv-informatique.fr
Wed Sep 3 12:55:25 CEST 2003

> root at vanuatu # ls
> Mail.rc           aliases.db        local-host-names  main.cf
>           sendmail.hf       subsidiary.cf
> aliases           helpfile          mailx.rc
> sendmail.cf       submit.cf         trusted-users

I don't know sendmail enough to give you this info (I'm a happy Postfix
user). Maybe someone else on this list? Have a look at the following :

http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html

Just to be sure, use telnet to contact your mailman server from the curlprit
machine, and engage a SMTP session :

telnet mailman.server.com 25
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
HELO culprit.machine
MAIL FROM: me at me.com
RCPT TO: you at you.com
DATA
Subject: test

test
.
QUIT

If you use some regular FROM and TO address that your mailman server have to
accept, your email should pass along nicely.