[Mailman-Users] Attachment Hell -- please help

Timothy Brooks tim at IntegraStrategic.com
Tue Oct 28 16:07:10 CET 2003

I'm having a terrible time with the 2.1.2 upgrade.

Ever since the upgrade, anyone using Microsoft Exchange Server receives
messages as an attachment.  So, using the new Content Filtering feature, I
set filtering to Yes and instructed Mailman to convert text/html parts to
plain text.  This seemed to work, but then no one could send attachments.

So, within the area marked "Remove message attachments that don't have a
matching content type."  I added:

multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain

Didn't help.  So, I added:

image

Didn't help.  Still can't add images.

Finally, I added:

image/jpeg
image/jpg
image/gif

. . . but we still can't add images.  I've attached a screen shot of my
resulting Content Filtering page.

This is a list for alumni of a college singing group.  Most messages don't
contain images, but occasionally people pass around old photos.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Tim

Integra Strategic Technologies Consulting, LLC
164 Middle Street, Suite 2
Portland, Maine 04101
207.871-8008
http://www.IntegraStrategic.com . tim at IntegraStrategic.com