[Mailman-Users] Quick question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 28 09:15:07 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 12:49, Todd Clayton wrote:
> I've read the documentation and the FAQ, and can't find an explicit
> answer to my problem... For some reason my mailing list members can post
> directly to my mailing list, however I thought I had set it up as a one
> way list only. As in only I can post.
>
> I have the reply-to set explicitly as my address, and I've just changed
> "Hide Sender" to no. However, even if for some reason someone tries to
> post to this address I want it to be held for review regardless of who
> sent it.
>
> I'm sure there is a way of doing this, but I guess I'm just clueless on
> Mondays...

I agree, it's been a "Monday!".

In version 2.1 of Mailman the moderation is set on a per user basis. Go
to the Membership Management page of the web-admin and there is a toggle
to turn on moderation for all existing users.

You will also want to setup Moderation as the default for all new added
members.

Hope that helps - Jon Carnes