[Mailman-Users] Renaming and Moving List to a different Sub-Domain

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Oct 27 20:07:03 CET 2003

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 10:00:08PM +1300, Rafael Fischmann wrote:
> I have several lists in my server <http://macmagazine.com.br> and,
> before the number of them and the number of members inside them gets to
> big, I want to create a pattern for the lists' names and locations.
>
> How can that be made? We're using Mailman 2.1.2 in cPanel 8.5.3 -
> STABLE 3.

There's an easy way to rename a list and there's a hard way.  The hard
way is documented in the FAQ - please search http://www.list.org first.

The easy way can be used if you don't have any archives and don't care
about providing a way for your user community to access the list by the
old name.  Simply create the new list, export the configuration of the
old list, import that into the new list, and then list the members of
the old list and add that to the new.  That works fairly well for
announcement-style only lists with no archives.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org