[Mailman-Users] List Membership Page

Richard Barrett r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 13:54:28 CET 2003

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 12:23  pm, mcp6453 wrote:

> Is there a way to configure MM to show all of the subscribers in a
> single list, as it used to do? I think we're using 2.1.3.

In MM 2.1.x, this is controlled by the per-list attribute
admin_member_chunksize which is set the default value of
DEFAULT_ADMIN_MEMBER_CHUNKSIZE when the list is created. As installed
this has the value of 30.

If the number of members exceeds admin_member_chunksize then the
membership is paginated alphabetically otherwise it is displayed on a
single page.

If you set DEFAULT_ADMIN_MEMBER_CHUNKSIZE to a different value this
will only affect new lists.

To change things for an existing list you can use the
$prefix/bin/withlist script from the command line. For instance, see
the following terminal transcript:

mailman at mailman:/mailman/run> bin/withlist -i -l rbtest
The variable `m' is the rbtest MailList instance
 >>> m.admin_member_chunksize = 60
 >>> m.Save()

Unlocking (but not saving) list: rbtest
Finalizing
mailman at mailman:/mailman/run>

But, I would be careful about making the new value too large.