[Mailman-Users] POST variables not processed in the Mailman web forms

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 26 19:20:57 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 12:08, cchen at randomwalk.com wrote:
> > On Oct 26, 2003, at 10:50 AM, Cheng-Jih Chen wrote:
> >> Hi, I've just upgraded from 2.0.13 to 2.1.3 and the web interfaces for
> >> Mailman don't appear to work.  The impression I get is that POST
> >> variables aren't being processed.  For example, when trying to
> >> subscribe to a list, I get the message:
> >>

> > You must clear all 2.0.x cookies from your browser before it will
> > accept 2.1.x cookies.
>
> Did more research.  It's apparently not a Mailman issue, but an Apache
> mod_rewrite issue.  I'm testing the system from outside my company's local
> network, and we have Apache set up to do a mod_rewrite to send a user over
> to https instead of http.  The Mailman FORM ACTION points to http, so I'm
> losing the POST variables during the rewrite.

Yep, this is well discussed in the Archives and the work around is to
*setup* mailman so that it uses https instead of http.  There is a minor
twist to doing so but basically you edit ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and
use "https" in the default settings for URL's. This may or may not be in
the FAQ, but is certainly beaten to death in the archives.

Of course you will need to use "with_list" to mod the URL's that are in
your already established lists.

Note to Barry: I really hate that change in this version!

Good luck - Jon Carnes