[Mailman-Users] Error on adding/deleting lists

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 06:48:22 CET 2003

On Sunday, October 26, 2003, at 01:43  am, Eric J. Ray wrote:

> Python 2.1.3
> Using Mailman version: 2.1.3
>

> When I add or delete lists I get strange errors. I'm pretty
> new to Mailman, and could use some help in figuring out
> if they're significant (not too, as the list gets created),
> and how to fix them.
>
> If I need to delete a list manually, do I just delete the
> directory for it from the ~/lists directory? Is it
> really that easy?

Better to use the script $prefix/bin/rmlist -a

> My error:
> [mailman at www bin]$ ./newlist
> Enter the name of the list: support-staff at bogus.example.com
> Enter the email of the person running the list: ejray at example.com
> Initial support-staff password:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./newlist", line 219, in ?
>     main()
>   File "./newlist", line 185, in main
>     __import__(modname)
> ImportError: No module named None
> [mailman at www bin]$

This looks as though, probably in $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py unless you
edited Defaults.py which you should not do, the following assignment is
present:

MTA = 'None'

This should read as follows (note the lack of quote marks) because None
is a reserved word with special significance in the Python language:

MTA = None