[Mailman-Users] restarting a blocked list

javier javier.romero at cedex.es
Thu Oct 23 13:37:42 CEST 2003

i'm actually working with 2.1.3 (always the latest version is good  ;-) )
No problems found with checkperms.

Now, i'm going to write my little experiment with mailman, i don't know
if somebody did it before, look the /usr/local/mailman in machine1

bash-2.03$ cd /usr/local/mailman/
bash-2.03$ ls -la
total 54
drwxrwsr-x  18 mailman  mailman      512 Oct 22 10:42 .
drwxr-xr-x  11 root     other        512 Sep 19 12:00 ..
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     mailman       26 Jul  3 12:50 archives ->
/dirarcon/mailman/archives
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman     1024 Oct  7 12:23 bin
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:23 cgi-bin
-rw-r-----   1 root     mailman     4133 Oct 22 10:42 config.pck
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:25 cron
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman     2048 Oct 21 12:09 data
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:23 icons
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     mailman       23 Jul  3 12:50 lists ->
/dirarcon/mailman/lists
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct 23 13:25 locks
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  1 08:26 logs
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:23 mail
drwxrwsr-x  11 root     mailman     1536 Oct  7 12:23 Mailman
drwxrwsr-x  24 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 11:27 messages
drwxrwsr-x   6 root     mailman      512 Jul  1 12:41 pythonlib
drwxrwsr-x  11 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 11:34 qfiles
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:42 scripts
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Jul  1 12:40 spam
drwxrwsr-x  26 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 11:27 templates
drwxrwsr-x   4 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:23 tests

As you can see mailman is working in machine1 and writting the lists
information into a networkapplyant (dirarcon)

Now, machine2 has another mailman writting into dirarcon too, with same
lists, and in DNS i put machine1 and machine2 with one name,
mailmans.domain.es... so roundrobin of DNS sometimes send messages to
lists by machine1 and sometimes by machine2... no problem... all work
fine but the most traffic lists (comunicaciones at cedex.es) sometimes
stops (once per a couple of weeks)...

theory of unix says that two diferents tasks can open and write a file
at same time, so i thought that was posible...

Now machine2 is stoped, and DNS only has a mailmans.domain.es ->
machine1, at momment comunicaciones at cedex.es is working good, so i'm
beginning to think that "theory of unix" is my problem, and if only  one
machine is working with mailman, comunicaciones @cedex.es  won't stop...

anyway, i'll study qfiles, thank you very much jonc, and hope you to
enjoy my experiment :-)