[Mailman-Users] customizing the look of Mailman

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 16:42:26 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 02:38  pm, Steve Ladendorf wrote:

> I've been looking and can't find a way to remove the footer that is
> added
> to messages like so..

> Is that in mm_cfg.py or in the Admin site somewhere?  (I have looked -
> Really!!)

Assuming MM 2.1.x, try looking at the Non-digest and Digest options web
admin GUI pages.

> Also, is it possible to add custom html headers and footers to the
> listinfo and subscribe portions of Mailman?  I see where I can change
> colors of some items but I need to embed the "Mailman" functions in to
> shell that looks exactly like our public site.  Would I be better off
> just
> building a static page that posts back the the subscribe cgi?  I think
> see where that would be possible..

Again assuming MM 2.1.x, you should be able to achieve some tailoring
through MM's template mechanism but you may not achieve all you want
with the pages concerned unless you are prepared to hack the source
code that is generating them.

Take a look at the default templates under $prefix/templates and the
comments about the template search path in $prefix/Mailman/Utils.py,
starting at around line 396 in the definition of the findtext function.
In particular, put your local templates in the site, host or list
sub-directories; you will lose the changes when you update MM if you
alter the default templates in situ.