[Mailman-Users] Problems with postfix, cyrus-imap & mailman

Torsten E. linux-user at gmx.com
Sun Oct 19 19:05:18 CEST 2003

Hello list,

I'm quite new to this list, and english is not my native language ...

There's a problem with my postfix configuration.
Some days ago my uw-imap stopped working without any error message, and as
it run for a long time, I never looked in detail to the postfix & uw config.
So I decided to kick uw, and installed cyrus-imap instead.

Since I did so, none of my mailman lists work anymore - emails are rejected
by postfix as "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender":
    Reporting-MTA: dns; warblade.dyndns.org
    Arrival-Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:18:26 +0200 (CEST)

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; penelopes-kingdom at warblade.dyndns.org
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; data format error. Command output:
        penelopes-kingdom: Mailbox does not exist

So I did a review of my actions, and when changing mailbox_transport = cyrus
back to default, mailman got the message, and was able to forward it to
list-members.
First I thought looking at mailman's webiste could give a hint, but it does
not, the same with cyrus website (or I didn't find it ...).
But when I checked the samples provided by postfix, I thought they might
solve my problem .... so I changed so settings in /etc/postfix/main.cf
(local_recipient_maps =  $alias_maps), but it did not solve the problem.

There aren't any error messages within the logfiles, except "Mailbox does
not exist" ...
The output of postconf -n is attached to this email.

I'm running SuSE 8.2, postfix 2.0.6, cyrus-imap 2.1.12 & mailman 2.1.1
I read some stuff regarding "mailman wrapper", but I couldn't find it ...
even when compiling it from sources no wrapper becomes created/compiled ....

Is there anybody who'd advise me what to do, so that the whole stuff would
work again?

Thanks in advance!!!

c y
Torsten