[Mailman-Users] Correct List?

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Fri Oct 17 20:54:36 CEST 2003

Ricco,

I have no experience with CPanel, so I can't answer whether this is
something you can do yourself, or have to get a sysadmin to do for you.

Swytch wrote:

> 1. Is there a way to set everyones mod bit permanatly. I don't want anyone but me
 > to ever post to the list. Its strictly a one way list.

I don't think so.  It is not built in, so would require some tricky patches.

> 2. Is there a way to remove the "to post to this list" from the welcome email.

You can customize a lot of these messages, but it may not be possible
via CPanel.

The file <mailman-dir>/templates/en/subscribeack.txt has the text you
want to change.

To change it just for your list, it has to be copied to
<mailman-dir>/lists/<listname>/en  and then edited the way you want it
to read.

HTH.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own