[Mailman-Users] [spam] being added to subject

Merle Reine merle.reine at lindows.com
Fri Oct 17 02:00:57 CEST 2003

Actually, if you list is spam at somedomain.com Mailman by default puts in
a field labeled [spam] in every email.  I just experienced this and it
is for easy detection of mailing lists.  To remove this (I had to do it
on 283 mailing lists!), go to the following:

Go to your mailman list login like:

https://yourdomain_name_here.com/mailman/admin/spam/general

login and delete [spam] from the following line:

Prefix for subject line of list postings. : [spam]

Save and voila, you are done.