[Mailman-Users] Disregard: Re: MTA config error: non-local users not able to access lists via email.

Eric liberty6 at twcny.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 22:37:59 CEST 2003

I added 'mailertable' to /etc/mail and did a ./mailmanctl restart
and everything is fine now. Thanks anyway!
Eric

Subject: MTA config error: non-local users not able to access lists via email.
Date: Wednesday 15 October 2003 02:56 pm
From: Eric <liberty6 at twcny.rr.com>
To: mailman-users at python.org

I've installed and configured Mailman. I can create
and use the lists without problems, but the
lists only work for local users. Any remote users
try to join a list via email, and the email request
is "missing in action," and the request is never
processed. I've checked the FAQ's and read
through most of the configuration files to no avail.
Please help me to get sendmail configured.
Thanks!

P.S. Also, as an added bonus, when I tried to
subscribe to a list from my remote email account,
sendmail apparently didn't recognize my aliases in
/etc/mail/aliases and mistook it for a relay. I've included
that output below, maybe it'll help.
Thanks!

mailman-2.1.1
sendmail 8.12.9

Installed mailman from ports. FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE.