[Mailman-Users] Not knowing what address is subscribed

Allan Trick atrick at prin.edu
Tue Oct 14 01:16:57 CEST 2003

At 04:44 PM 10/13/2003, Skip wrote:

>This is kinda techno-nerdy which might not match your user population very
>well, but in many/most situations people should be able to look at the
>their way from bottom to top to see what address of theirs is subscribed
>based upon who it's being delivered to.  Here are the Received: headers I
>got from your message, numbered for convenience: . . . .

I did a test and saw my own address in the header.  However, in trying to
explain to the user over the phone that she could see the addressed
subscribed, she swore it wasn't there.  So I took her word for
it.  However, I believe if she was showing full headers, it probably would
have been there.

I like the suggestion to personalize the footer.  I'm going to do that so
it'll say what address is subscribed.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Allan