[Mailman-Users] Dealing with posts from non-subscribers efficiently

John Winters john at linuxemporium.co.uk
Sun Oct 12 13:00:45 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I run a couple of Mailman lists with a prohibition on postings by
non-subscribers.  This is very effective at ensuring that no Spam gets
through to the list.

The only problem is that each week I have to sit down and click on the
"Discard" button for a couple of hundred rubbish messages.

Is there any way to tell Mailman that when I say, "Non-subscribers are
not allowed to post to this list" I really mean it and don't want to be
consulted individually each time?  That is, posts from non-subscribers
get a bounce message and are automatically discarded, rather than
requiring me to confirm each discard.

If not, is there any way I can get the discards to happen in bulk?  That
is, I run a script of some sort which discards all pending postings
rather than having to spend 20 minutes laboriously clicking on each one.

Many thanks,
John Winters

--
The Linux Emporium - the source for Linux in the UK
See http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

We had a woodhenge here once but it rotted.