[Mailman-Users] character encoding error

Dan Phillips dhphllps at memphis.edu
Fri Oct 10 15:42:18 CEST 2003

On Friday, October 10, 2003, at 03:44  AM, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
> Please apply this patch to <prefix>/pythonlib/email AFTER installing
> Japanese patched mailman.
> http://mm.tkikuchi.net/email.patch.20031001
>
> ie,
> % cd <prefix>/pythonlib
> % patch -p0 < /path/to/email.patch.20031001
>
> Good Luck,
> Dan Phillips wrote:
>> When I updated to 2.1.3 I immediately had problems with Japanese
>> language password reminders causing errors, but I applied the patch
>> provided by Tokio Kikuchi and those went away. Since then, however,
>> every time I receive a post that includes an eight bit character the
>> following error message is generated:

Could you please direct me to the correct patches for "Japanese patched
Mailman?" My reading knowledge of Japanese is limited, but am I correct
in guessing from your site that you are referring to
http://mm.tkikuchi.net/mailman-2.1.3+patch.20030930 ? And is that
applied before or after configure and make install?

Sorry for both my ignorance and illiteracy :-)

DP