[Mailman-Users] admin notifications for held messages

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 20:34:47 CEST 2003

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 05:55  pm, Saurav Pathak wrote:

> i am still struggling to find out what caused the error.  after all
> i have just added one line to Default.py.  why should it complain
> about the version number?  i would appreciate it if someone could
> give me some pointers.

I have been rather busy today at my paid job hence not earlier response.

I tried applying the patch I suggested to you to a freshly extracted MM
2.1.1 distribution and  got the following terminal output. When you
tried using the patch did you get a result like this?

bash-2.05a$ zcat distributions/mailman-2.1.1.tgz | tar xf -
bash-2.05a$ mv mailman-2.1.1 mailman-2.1.1-mod
bash-2.05a$ cd mailman-2.1.1-mod/
bash-2.05a$ patch -p1 < ../patches/current/modinc-2.1.3-0.1.patch
patching file Mailman/Defaults.py.in
Hunk #1 succeeded at 921 with fuzz 2 (offset -18 lines).
patching file Mailman/Gui/General.py
patching file Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py
Hunk #1 succeeded at 268 (offset -1 lines).
patching file Mailman/MailList.py
Hunk #1 succeeded at 314 (offset -14 lines).
patching file Mailman/Version.py
bash-2.05a$

This indicates the patch applied OK. The offsets are due to other
differences in the files but do not invalidate the patch.

Looking at the files changed the patch has applied OK.

As regards the problem you are having after applying the patch, I think
is because the lines defining values for the variables True, False,
Yes, No, On and Off do not appear in the Defaults.py.in of MM 2.1.1
source code; they are in the MM 2.1.2 and MM 2.1.3 source.

Try changing the line in the patch from:

DEFAULT_MODERATE_INC_BODY = Yes

to:

DEFAULT_MODERATE_INC_BODY = 1