[Mailman-Users] Uncaught runner exception: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 9 15:00:41 CEST 2003

I'm fairly certain that there is a patch that handles this problem, but
you might want to simply update to the latest version of Mailman.

I believe that problem is caused by a character that is out of range for
the expected values. The character is probably one used by a different
language.  Your particular problem occurs when trying to archive the
message.

You could simply remove the message from queue, or edit it to remove any
ascii characters that are out-of-range.

Best of Luck - Jon Carnes

BTW: you can search the archives for this list to find the patch and
other relevant information about this problem