[Mailman-Users] Re: Site list missing??

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Wed Oct 8 19:58:22 CEST 2003

Allan Trick wrote:
>At 12:56 PM 10/7/2003, Paul Byerly wrote:
>
> >the site list is required for Mailman to start - if it's missing or "lost"
> >you must create or find it.  The list is in <prefix>/mailman/lists and is
> >called mailman.  If you don't have that, you need to create it.  If it's
> >there, then some alias or pointer is wrong.
>
>On my server,  /var/mailman/lists/mailman is a directory for the list MM
>2.1.3 wanted created when we installed, and which is called
>"mailman."  Inside that directory is:
>
>-rw-rw----    1 mailman  mailman      4026 Oct  7 12:00 config.pck
>-rw-rw----    1 mailman  mailman      4026 Oct  7 12:00 config.pck.last
>-rw-rw-r--    1 apache   mailman        29 Oct  6 16:15 request.db

      That is it (sorry, should have indicated it was a directory) and it
the files and permissions look right.

>Is that what you're saying needs to be recreated if it's not there,
>Paul?  And if it's missing, wouldn't ./newlist be all that one needs to do
>to create it?

      I see you said you created a list, I assume you recreated the mailman
list?  If bin/mailmanctl start still give you an error about not having a
site list it's because something is looking or pointing in the wrong
place.  What that might be is beyond my limited powers.

<>< Paul