[Mailman-Users] Re: My own malman.po file

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip at linux-delhi.org
Tue Oct 7 10:16:01 CEST 2003

Christian Schoepplein wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We use mailman for a community and we want to create our own
> mailman messages, for example when a mail was blocked because of
> attachments etc. I know how to create our own settings by editing the
> mailman.po file and bring it into a binaary message catalog format with
> msgfmt.py.
>
> But what is the best way to use such a own binary message catalog after
> a mailman update? Surely mailman.po changes from time to time and I can't
> use an old .po file with a new mailman version... Are there any chances to
> include an old .po or .mo file after an upgrade?

I have the same requirement with an additional complication. I would
like to edit message.po on a list basis. For most lists the present is
ok. For some my clients want the mail subject lines to be more specific
- like using %description instaead of %real_name in the subject or body.

Can this be done on a list to list basis?

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya                        http://www.sandipb.net
sandip at puroga.com