[Mailman-Users] mailman and sympa

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 6 19:43:36 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 11:26, bouhaddou wrote:
> hello everyone,
> I have a problem.  I have a formed data base on mysql of 1000 users
> (1000 members of a mailing list "Sympa").  I want to use Mailman in the
> place of Sympa, but the problem is how to return these 1000 users
> members of a Mailman list.
> and thank you.

Dump the email addresses out to text file and then use Mailman's tools
to move the addresses into your Mailman list.  Either "add_members" or
"sync_members" should work fine.

BTW: I've been keeping an eye on Sympa:
  http://www.sympa.org/

Can you tell us why you've decided to move over to Mailman instead?

Good Luck, and Thanks - Jon Carnes