[Mailman-Users] not allowing mass-subscription (web interface)

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Oct 6 16:41:07 CEST 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:34:26AM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:

> WY> Lastly, is there a way to get Mailman to record information about
> WY> confirmation of a subscription (if a link was clicked, from what IP; if
> WY> via an email message, the headers of the message)? Is there a way to
>
> I've got some consulting money sitting about for someone to write such
> a feature into Mailman -- keeping record of the confirmation request
> and the confirmation response (either email or clickthrough data).

Given the new anti-spam law coming into California with the burden of
proof being on the e-mail sender that the user has really opted in, I
don't see how we can avoid having this feature in Mailman.  Some of run
commercial mailing lists and it will be imperative for us to be able to
demonstrate that the user really opted in.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org