[Mailman-Users] cron error

Dan Phillips dhphllps at memphis.edu
Sat Oct 4 20:53:24 CEST 2003

On Saturday, October 4, 2003, at 01:30  PM, Dan Phillips wrote:
> MM 2.1.3, Postfix, OS X
>
> I just received this error message:
>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
>>     main()
>>   File "cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
>>     mlist.send_digest_now()
>>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in
>> send_digest_now
>>     ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
>>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 131, in
>> send_digests
>>     send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
>>   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 373, in
>> send_i18n_digests
>>     rfc1153msg.set_payload(plainmsg.getvalue(), lcset)
>>   File "/users/mailman/pythonlib/email/Message.py", line 224, in
>> set_payload
>>     self.set_charset(charset)
>>   File "/users/mailman/pythonlib/email/Message.py", line 262, in
>> set_charset
>>     cte(self)
>>   File "/users/mailman/pythonlib/email/Encoders.py", line 88, in
>> encode_7or8bit
>>     charset = msg.get_charset().output_charset.lower()
>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
>
> any ideas?

To answer my own question:

A quick review of the digest.mbox file of one of my lists showed a
French subscriber having signed his name François. I changed the ç to c
and the digest went out just fine. His header showed content:
text/plain, charset us ascii. Is there any way to avoid that problem in
the future?