[Mailman-Users] List users get a 'rejected' error, but the messages are posted

pod pod at fisica.urbenalia.com
Fri Oct 3 02:29:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm the webmaster of http://fisica.urbenalia.com, which is hosted in a
cPanel based server, urbenalia.com. That control panel comes with
mailman 2.1.2. I've a list called 'Canalfisica' (with internal name
canalfisica_fisica.urbenalia.com).

Since a week ago, the list users get a rejected message (which I copy
for you bellow), but the messages are posted correctly. This is strange
because the rejection message comes from es.urbenalia.com (as you will
see bellow) instead of fisica.urbenalia.com. The server's administrator
said that es.urbenalia.com is the internal name of the server.

I looked at the mailman logs, but I didn't found the lines corresponding
to the rejected messages. I wasn't able to found the answer in the
documentation, nor in the faq. I think that this can't be a
misconfiguration of the list, because it worked fine for two months and
I didn't change anything.

The servers runs linux, kernel 2.4.20-20.7, with apache 1.3.28.

The rejection message that my users get, with the headers (I only have
deleted the IP's of the private users), are like this: