[Mailman-Users] Easy Install Instructions for Mailman and (exim, postfix or sendmail)

Mike Gifford mike at openconcept.ca
Thu Nov 27 16:21:36 CET 2003

Hello,

I did manage to get mailman set up to run with sendmail & wanted to
report back to the list on what was useful.  First, Todd's advice to
comment out the DAEMON_OPTIONS in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

dnl # DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

(Two comments on this - what an odd way to comment out something and
also, the inline instructions in the rpm aren't all that clear - "Remove
the loopback dnl # address restriction to accept email from the internet
or intranet." - why not just say comment out the line below???)

I also kept looking for setup/install instructions within the Mailman
Documentation list here (doesn't seem to be an option):
	http://www.list.org/docs.html

Searching the whole faq here though provided some very useful info:
	http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all

These were particularly helpful:
	http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#5.5
	http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#1.7

I did try exim & postfix, but couldn't get either to work..

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting
Free Software for Social Change -> http://www.openconcept.ca