[Mailman-Users] pass_mime_types - server or client side solution?

Pablo Chamorro C. pchamorro at ingeomin.gov.co
Wed Nov 26 21:24:15 CET 2003

I want to allow only certain types of files for the lists.  Ok, I'm using
pass_mime_types including lines like these:

text/plain
application/pdf
application/msword
application/vnd.ms-excel

I was testing and I noted that it works different according to the email
client.  For example, an excel file sent from an old Netscape is stripped
out by Mailman, but from Open Webmail or from Pine it passes!

Is there some solution on the server/Mailman side in order to allow
certain files based on its extension no matter the mime type?

Thanks,

Pablo Chamorro C.