[Mailman-Users] wrapper script run as nogroup

Jeremy Gilbert zhq9eva02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:39:38 CET 2003

> Well, README.POSTFIX does say this:
>
>       Make sure that the owner of the data/aliases and
data/aliases.db
>       file is `mailman' and that the group owner for those files
is
>       `mailman'.  E.g.:
>
>       % su
>       % chown mailman:mailman data/aliases*

Yes, I saw that, and I followed those instructions, but until I
changed the ownership of /etc/aliases and /etc/postfix/aliases*
the wrapper was still being run as gid "nogroup".  I think the
documentation should be changed to also recommend change those
files to group ownership of mailman.

Jeremy Gilbert
zhq9eva02 at sneakemail.com