[Mailman-Users] Python Broken in Redhat Fedora

Richard Barrett r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Sun Nov 23 18:29:18 CET 2003

On 23 Nov 2003, at 15:07, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Also - Yum, Up2Date, and almost all python programs are similarly
> disfunctional but produce different errors. Yet I did install the
> latest and greatest stuff and did a few reinstalls just to make sure.
> I'm stumped. and wondering if I need to revert back to Redhat 7.3.

I would be inclined to deinstall the Python RPM, install the Python
SRPM and do an 'rpm --rebuild'. This might generate a more viable RPM
for your system.

If that doesn't work you can always fall back to building and
installing Python from source, a process I have always found remarkably
simple, although you do not end up with it in the package database this
way.