[Mailman-Users] Mailman/Postfix Configuration problem

gagel at cnc.bc.ca gagel at cnc.bc.ca
Fri Nov 21 23:57:55 CET 2003

I don't have something configured correctly and I'm not sure if its
postfix or mailman.

When I create a new list via the mailman web interface I recieve the
notice with the password in the email. So mailman to postfix email
works ok.

When I subscribe to a list via the web interface I recieve the
confirmation notice ok.

When I reply to the confirmation notice I recieve an error message.

For testing I setup a new list called "test", here are the results
when I reply:
When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at cnc.bc.ca
encountered
permanent problems with the following address:
For <test-request at avas.cnc.bc.ca>, the destination server said:
<test-request at avas.cnc.bc.ca>: User unknown in local recipient table
(from avas.cnc.bc.ca

Its like the aliases aren't being recognized but they are. A postmap
-q test /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases returns the correct record.

Is this a mailman configuration issue or a postfix issue? What have I
missed?

Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
(250) 561-5848 local 448