[Mailman-Users] Sendmail

Doug Robb doug at psy.uwa.edu.au
Fri Nov 21 08:12:13 CET 2003

Jesse the various options are controlled  by directives. I'd
take your default and either uncomment out the features below
if they are already in your sendmail.mc or add
them. Some of my ones related to your questions are:
(I have sendmail (latest version) running on RedHat9)

FEATURE(`mailertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable.db')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable.db')dnl
FEATURE(local_procmail,`',`procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> -o /etc/mail/access.db')dnl
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl
dnl # so mail appears to come from domain below dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(`yourdomain.com')dnl
dnl  masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl

And I added some spam mail blocking code your can look at
at http://www.jimi.dk/freebsd/SpamAssasin.php

Re virtual hosts make sure your hosts are in
/etc/mail/local-host-names and your DNS has this
server as the MX (mail exchanger) for the domain.

Re sample virtusertable etc they are documented at the top
of your default install or should be.

Hope this helps
doug

--
Email  - doug at psy.uwa.edu.au  ,-_|\    Doug Robb
Phone  - +618 9380 2507      /     \   Senior Analyst Programmer
>From U.S. 011 618 9380 2507    (EST +12hrs)
from U.S. 011 618 9386 7564