[Mailman-Users] Graph for archives

Merle Reine merle.reine at lindows.com
Tue Nov 18 21:10:59 CET 2003

I have the php page to do this.

I have two drop down lists.  One shows all the email addresses of people
on all the lists.  So a user can view what lists he/she  is on and then
the other drop down is the list of lists.  Select the mailing list you
want and it shows what email addresses are on the list.  I also have the
number of list users labeled in the drop down.  It will require you to
install php but other than that, it will work.  I run a cron every 5
minutes so that the list is always updated.  Or you can run the script
the cron runs every time the page is accessed (you would need to change
the page and uncomment the line:
" // `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/find_member_html ^.* >
/srv/www/htdocs/lists.txt`; " .

Attached is the script the cron runs, the cron, the script to list users
and lists and the php page.  Let me know if you have any trouble.

I put update_list.sh and find_member_html in /usr/lib/mailman/bin/ and
the mailman_lists2468.php page in /srv/www/(some created directory) .
You will need to edit your httpd.conf file for this directory to be
viewable.

The script runs the /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_lists command and outputs
the lists and email addresses to a text file.  The php page parses the
text file and makes it searchable.

I am also working on an easier admin page for mailman.  I modified the
newlist script to have more secure defaults when creating a list and the
new admin page has a text field to enter one or many email addresses.  A
drop down lists all current email addresses subscribed to all lists or a
drop down that lists all lists.  Selecting a user brings up all the
lists available and a check box next to each with subscribe/unsubscribe
(if already subscribed then the subscribe box is grayed out and same
with if they are not a member then the unsubscribe is grayed out.)

There is a text field to put the name of a new list and it already has
the default listadmin, etc. (which you can change).