[Mailman-Users] Arch command hangs?

Timothy Arnold tim at ngfl.gov.uk
Tue Nov 11 16:28:51 CET 2003

Hi all,

I am having a problem with the arch command. I created an mbox file and
put it in
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox

and ran

$ bin/arch --wipe listname

and it was working fine, during the arch command though, my SSH
connection dropped so I am guessing it terminated the arch process?

Now when I try and run the same command, it just sits there. When I do
ps it reports:

root  9799  6934  0 15:03:29 pts/3    0:01 /usr/local/bin/python
bin/arch naaosen archives/private/naaosen.mbox/naaosen.mb

Which looks like it gets no CPU time??? Is there any way to find out
what it is doing, or if it is waiting on something?

I have run the arch command on other lists after my SSH connection
dropped and works fine!

Thanks,
Timothy.