[Mailman-Users] AOL and spam reports

Ricardo Kustner mailman at rixhq.nu
Sun Nov 9 15:45:36 CET 2003

M Ondercin wrote:

> At 10:25 PM 11/4/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>
>>      If you really have to deal with this, then send a final notice
>> that all AOL users will be set to nomail and must set themselves back
>> if they want to be on the list.  Include directions for resetting from
>> Nomail.  Send the message, generate a digest, then change all the AOL
>> folks.
>>      It's that or unsub the lot of them.

I've just hacked a little python script to set all AOL addresses to
nomail. And send each of them a seperate explanation message on how to
re-enable their subscription. If any of them DARES to report that
message as spam too, they'll be banned for lifetime (I included their
email in the To: and Subject header :) ).

BTW about the AOL whitelisting: I just heard my ISP has made a deal with
AOL to whitelist their servers... however I think he had to sign some
sort of contract with AOL. and it wasn't easy to do.

Ricardo.