[Mailman-Users] Subscribing aliases of other lists to a mailman list

Christian Schoepplein mail at schoeppi.net
Thu Nov 6 19:09:42 CET 2003

Hi!

I'm wondering if mailman aliases can be used to subscribe to other lists
on the same machine.

Example: I have list1 at tdom1 and list2 at dom1 on the same machine. I
configure my mta that it uses list1-subscribe at dom1 as senderaddress and
that it has a valid mailaddress, where I can recive mails. After that i
write with the address list1-subscribe at dom1 a mail to
list2-subscribe at dom1 and because of the Reply-To-header with my
valid address i recive the confirmation. I reply the confirmation also
with the list1-subscribe at dom1 address and if no aproval of listadmins
or moderators is required for a listsbuscribtion the list1-subscriebe
address should be a member of list2 at dom1.

Is mailman able to recognize, if anoyone wants a listsubscription with
another mailman alias? If not, how can I make sure, that no other
mailman aliases can be used for subscribtion?

Thanks and best regards,
Schoeppi

--
Christian Schoepplein | Beste Rockband der Welt: http://www.lily-rockt.de