[Mailman-Users] Excessive memory usage?

Links at Momsview.com links at momsview.com
Thu Nov 6 00:28:57 CET 2003

The Mailman queue runners load your entire list into memory for all operations.
So yes, that is normal for Mailman.
I originally attempted to manage an announce only list with over 150,000 members on a 1.5GB Redhat but had to give up because these tasks grew to over 130MB each.
I am currently running a 230,000 subscriber announce list split into 76 sub lists controlled by an umbrella list.
No indivdual list is greater than 5k-6k.
This all operates thorough a set of python and bash scripts I wrote to control subscriptions and unsubscriptions for the sublists