[Mailman-Users] AOL Issues

M Ondercin moochie at ondercin.com
Tue Nov 4 21:15:21 CET 2003

Hallo,

         I've seen some discussion problems with AOL in the archives that
mentions other people having problems with bouncebacks from AOL.  I am
randomly getting this back from AOL at which point 90% of my AOL listers
are bounced off of my list.

-------
<xxxxxx at aol.com>
     (reason: 554 TRANSACTION FAILED 554 AOL will not accept delivery of
this message)

... while talking to mailin-04.mx.aol.com.:
 >>> DATA
<<< 554 TRANSACTION FAILED 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
451 4.4.1 reply: read error from mx3.hotmail.com.
Reporting-MTA: dns; frnk.ondercin.com
Received-From-MTA: DNS; frnk
Arrival-Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:12:35 -0700

Final-Recipient: RFC822; xxxx at aol.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mailin-04.mx.aol.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP;
         554 TRANSACTION FAILED 554 AOL will not accept delivery of
         this message
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:12:47 -0700

         Does anyone have a clue what in the heck this message actually
means?  I haven't been able to find info on this anywhere and we've had no
response from their admin addresses so far about it.

         Thanks

-----
M Ondercin              moochie at ondercin.com
Owner  Friesian-L