[Mailman-Users] Re: help

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue Nov 4 07:00:21 CET 2003

Chris Duggan wrote:

>Hey there i have recently installed your mialing list onto my site. When i
>come to test it i fill in the registration fields it comes up with a "page
>cannot be displyed"
>
>i have put the subscription form here

>Please could you advise us on whats going wrong?  we are a little unsure
>as to how your list works :/

      This is not a Mailman issue.  The form points
to  http://216.171.65.115/mailman/subscribe/listname_domain.com .  Not only
does that page not exist, but even the IP # does not resolve.  The general
format of where to point the form is
<SERVER>/mailman/subscribe/<LISTNAME>.  If you go to the list information
page the server will be what is after "://" and before "/mailman".  The
listname will be what is after "listinfo/" .

      And if you have no idea what I'm saying, you are in over your head ;-)

<>< Paul