[Mailman-Users] The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error

patkins patkins at killinglyschools.org
Mon Nov 3 20:03:28 CET 2003

I kow to most this is old news, but I'm stuck and I tried everything.

The user and group exist:

group > mailman:x:506:
passwd > mailman:x:506:506::/usr/local/mailman:/dev/null

I also tried to configure using:

./configure --with-mail-gid=mailman --with-cgi-gid=mailman --with-username=mailman --with-groupname=mailman

AND

./configure --with-mail-gid=506 --with-cgi-gid=506 --with-username=mailman --with-groupname=mailman

Any thoughts???

Cheers,
-pete

Mailman CGI error!!!
The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being stored in your syslog:
Failure to find group name mailman.  Try adding this group
to your system, or re-run configure, providing an
existing group name with the command line option --with-cgi-gid.