[Mailman-Users] Another CRON message I don't know what it means...

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 14:48:54 CET 2003

On Saturday, November 1, 2003, at 10:52  am, Anders Norrbring wrote:

> Can somebody please tell me what possibly could be wrong in my 2.1.3
> setup?
>
> I keep getting this message from the CRON daemon:
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/nightly_archives", line 126, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/nightly_archives", line 86, in main
>     fp = open(mm_cfg.EDITED_ARCHIVES_FILE)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'EDITED_ARCHIVES_FILE'

I cannot find a cron/nightly_archives script as part of the standard MM
2.0.13 or MM 2.1.3 distributions but plainly you have one installed,
but from where? I thought you said in a previous post you had installed
from source? Did you install any patches which might have added this
cron script and the crontab entry?

Whatever the source of that script, it appears to depend on an extra MM
config variable called EDITED_ARCHIVES_FILE having also been added.

Without the source of the script in order to determine its function and
the semantic of the config variable it is difficult to offer any
additional advice.