[Mailman-Users] Using Mailman with httpd listening to ports other than the default of 80?

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sat May 31 13:52:02 CEST 2003

At 08:15 31/05/2003, Dean Hayes wrote:
>Port 80 is blocked by the cable company.  I've been successful in
>running the apache server on port 2080 to serve up web pages.
>
>Is there any way to configure Mailman to build it's internal URLs
>to append :2080 at the end of the domain name?  I tried running
>configure with the switch --with-urlhost=mydomain:2080 which almost
>works.

For MM 2.1.x redefine the following URL prototypes from
$prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py in $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py to include the
port number in the pattern:

     DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN

     PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL

You will also need to run the $prefix/bin/withlist script fix_url.py to
propagate the change to existing mailing lists.