[Mailman-Users] Wahoo!

Marko Leer marko at dsv.nl
Tue May 27 09:05:18 CEST 2003

>> I used <./configure --with-mail-gid=mail --with-cgi-gid=nobody>
>>
JC> ... and it is working now?

That's what I did in the first place...

JC> And I thought Freebsd used "mailnull" as the user for the Mailserver.

That was the problem!

>> JC> For version 2.1.x make sure you are running Mailmanctl.

I suppose it would be nice if that was in the installation docs.
Maybe I'm using an outdated version?

>> It quits saying <Site list is missing: mailman>
>> JC> Also make sure to create the group "mailman" as your first mailman
>> JC> group, then add your email as member of the group.

I already added mailman and mailman-owner to the aliases. I had to
remove these first.

In the process I created three groups.
So here's the next big question: How do I delete these groups?

Cheers,

Marko