[Mailman-Users] Eudora 5.2.1 bug?

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Mon May 26 19:21:23 CEST 2003

  Jon Carnes wrote:
>The list is set to hold messages that do not have the <list-name> in
>either the To: or CC: field of the message.  This setting is
>configurable (in the Web-admin) for the list.
>
>"Implicit destination" means that the email got to the list either via a
>BCC: or through some mail-forwarding mechanism.

      Thanks for all the explanations (including several off list) of the
Mailman end of this; but that was not the problem.  I have done some
testing and have confirmed a Eudora bug on this.  If the subject line ends
in a period (.) Eudora trashes the headers, deleting the subject, stripping
the "real name" out of the from header, and messing with the destination
header(s).  If I add a white space after the period everything is fine.
      It's scary the weird and unexpected things code can do.

<>< Paul
those who don't.