[Mailman-Users] Search feature?

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sat May 24 10:10:15 CEST 2003

At 05:19 24/05/2003, Dan Wright US2002021042 wrote:
>Does this work for private archives as well?

One of the features of my Mailman-htdig integration patch #444884 is that
it provides a per-list search form on each archived list's TOC page and
that it does apply the same access controls as regular MM for accessing
private archive pages. Thus, unless a user has authenticated themselves to
MM's private CGI script they cannot access the list search form, each
subsequent use of the search form is now authenticated, and each access via
a link into a private archive returned in the search results is also
authenticated.

>The problem I've ran into is installing htdig on the archives is that
>you really cant keep list security in tact very easily.

I agree that simply setting up Htdig without my patch #444884 means that
preserving archive privacy may be a problem; hence the patch :)