[Mailman-Users] FIXED!!! (Was Please help - newsgroup gateway woes)

Mike Avery mavery at mail.otherwhen.com
Fri May 23 18:50:30 CEST 2003

On 23 May 2003 at 0:52, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 11:47 AM, Mike Avery wrote:

> > So, is there a setting I'm missing that will allow me to let only
> > members of the mailing list post to the mailing list, and let all
> > messages from the newsgroup be treated as if they were from members
> > of the mailing list?

> It's not supposed to work this way, so there really isn't any setting
> to change.  Messages taken from the newsgroup should not go through
> the normal moderation phase.  I don't know why it's happening for you,
> and I can't reproduce it in my own tests.
>
> If you can do irc, then maybe we can hook up for a bit of an
> interactive debugging session some time tomorrow.

In less time than it takes to tell the tale of it, Barry figured out what was
happening, and the newsgroup <> mailing list gateway is working the
way it should.

Thanks Barry,
Mike
--
Mike Avery
MAvery at mail.otherwhen.com
ICQ: 16241692                      AOL IM:MAvery81230
Phone: 970-642-0280
* Spam is for lusers who can't get business any other
way *

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
    Always borrow money from a pessimist;
    he doesn't expect to be paid back.