[Mailman-Users] Setting an explicit reply to

Christopher Kings-Lynne chriskl at familyhealth.com.au
Fri May 23 10:52:38 CEST 2003

Hi Guys,

I have a large one-to-many sort of list.  I want to set it up so that if a
recipient of the newsletter hits 'reply', then I want it to go to a specific
Reply-To address.

I can see this option in Defaults.py:

# Mailman can be configured to "munge" Reply-To: headers for any passing
# messages.  One the one hand, there are a lot of good reasons not to munge
# the help for reply_goes_to_list in the web UI for links discussing the
# issue.
# 0 - Reply-To: not munged
# 1 - Reply-To: set back to the list
# 2 - Reply-To: set to an explicit value (reply_to_address)
DEFAULT_REPLY_GOES_TO_LIST = 2

Now, I've set that to two - but where on earth to I actually set the reply
to address???

Or does it get the reply-to address from the email that was sent to
everyone?

Chris