[Mailman-Users] MBOX "format"?

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Thu May 22 19:53:30 CEST 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 12:40:22PM -0500, schuetzen wrote:
> can anyone tell me how I can change my 5mb files so that I can remove the
> ======== before each message and inject something that will make it mbox format?

mbox format uses a line beginning with "From " (the trailing space
_is_ significant) as its message separator.  Ideally, this should be
followed by the sender's address, but it doesn't have to be, so you
should be able to get away with using something like (untested!):

sed -s "s/^========$/From somebody at somewhere.net/" old-file > new-file

assuming that your current message separator is a line containing 8
equal signs and nothing else.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that