[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] mailmanctl DOESN'T start

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu May 22 16:49:59 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 07:03, Oliver Egginger wrote:

> Barry told us, that os.execl uses the second parameter to calculate the
> library path enviroment for the called python interpreter.
> So the original line may break your python interpreter.

Actually, it's not os.execl() that cares -- Unix semantics essentially
ignore this argument for our purposes.  Python however, does care about
argv[0] since it uses that to calculate its default library search
paths.

> There exists no official patch yet, so you have to
> fix this manually.

At some point, perhaps soon, I'll release a 2.1.3 to fix this.  I want
to see if I can have some time over the weekend to close some more bugs.

-Barry